Friday, July 15, 2011

Featured Friday!- Danielle


Hello, my lovely readers! I have another feature for you today! I had the pleasure of interviewing the wonderful Danielle of Fashion Indie Love Affair! Make sure that you check out her blog, but first let's see what Danielle has to say:


Current Location: Philadelphia, PA

Tell us a little about yourself:my day job is sales but my night job is fashion and music blogging :)  i could spend hours every night tearing through magazines, surfing the internet and digging around on itunes for new music.  

Tell us about your blog:my blog is called fashion indie love affair/indie electronic alternative.  every morning i do a music post with a rad song i love.  then later in the day i do a fashion post with personal outfit pics or a write up about a label/designer i love.  my motto: escape mainstream music, break fashion boundaries, get inspired.  my mission in life is to share kick ass music and my my personal fashion sense with the world!

What is your definition of cool?: i think it's cool to stand out in a crowd and be an original.  there's only one you and you should embrace it!  i also think it's cool to be nice to everyone because i firmly believe karma will bite you in the butt.  i try to live in a judgement free zone and treat others how i'd like to be treated.  it makes the world such a more pleasant place.  

How do  you fit this definition? What makes you cool?                                                  i think i'm cool because i'm true to myself.  i won't wear a trend just because it's "in style".  and i won't stop wearing my favorite things just because they're no longer "in style".  i don't listen to the radio.  i try to shy away from most mainstream music because i feel like indie/electronic/alternative music has more substance.  i also think i'm cool because i manage to fit into the cool crowd without succumbing to the peer pressure to act or look a certain way.  you don't have to be like everyone else just to fit in.  i'm the happiest now than i've ever been because i'm finally just being me! 

Who inspires you to be cool?:                                                                                        since i started my blog my readers inspire me to be cool.  i dress for them as much as i dress for myself.  i'm constantly now challenging myself to put more thought into my outfits and my music selections so i can always keep things fresh for my readers.  

If your life could have a theme song, what would it be?:                                                  the knife, "heartbeats".  i've listened to it at least once a day for the last 4 years.  once i ran a 5k in 100 degree heat with it on repeat.  i swear it's the only reason i made it out alive.  :)  this song will change your life.

Anything else?:                                                                                                                     you can find me online at my blog.  i'm also on facebook. i appreciate every single fan and read all the comments.  i hope your readers will check it out!

7 comments:

danielle said...

thanks! great job with the write up. i'll link it to my fb page!

Unknown said...

Great interview..loved reading it! I agree with the comments you left on my blog. Tyra Banks said the same thing in an interview.

xx
Heel in Mint

Unknown said...

Great interview..loved reading it! I agree with the comments you left on my blog. Tyra Banks said the same thing in an interview.

xx
Heel in Mint

Monia said...

Nice interview, Danielle looks very beautiful! Love her style!

Cmnestares_92 said...

I love the boots!!

Patry Yum Yum said...

Me gusta el 3° look

Project Curve said...

i love her hair!

http://flysongbird.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/debi_songbird