Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Life Lately.

My life has been a world-wind of a whimsical mix of fortunate and stressful events. Time is no longer of the essence; however, strangely I enjoy my crazy, event filled life! I'm still living the life of a pre-med student, and now I can officially add CEO and fashion model to my title. My socialite dreams are definitely budding, and for all of the right reasons. For those who don't know, my goal is to become a socialite, not for my personal benefit, but for networking opportunities for the non-profit organization that I started. Anyways, I have a lot to make up for three months gone, so I'll go ahead and get started =)
1. Camp Darrell was a success!
Camp Darrell is the camp that I started 3 years ago through Party For Autism, in honor of my cousin. This was our first year having camp at a University, and I can definitely say that this was the best year yet! We had 10 amazing campers, and they were all brave enough to go through the daily ropes challenges.
I also had an amazing staff this year!
2. I hiked up a mountain!
For resident advising training, we were sent away to Camp Hanes for a weekend in North Carolina. There, I climbed my first hike, an hour long trip up a (baby) mountain. I was so proud when I got to the top!
3.  I got a modeling gig!
So, funny story....I don't even know how this happened! One day before work, I went to the Paul Mitchell school for a model call for my city's Fashion Week just to see what a casting was like, and after getting a few pictures taking, I will now be walking in our Fashion Week!
and because of that, I've been doing a whole lot of this...
4. I found love =)
Probably the best thing from this summer was finding my new boyfriend, Matt. After my heartbreak with my ex, I didn't think that I would be able to accept his love...but he definitely took me by surprise.
(I decided that I didn't really like any of our pictures together...so picture is pending. Ahhhh, the suspense!)
Other than that, I've just been enjoying my life with all of the new people I've been meeting this year! For those in school, cheers to an awesome semester!
Follow The Art of Being Cool

6 comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

Looks like you've been having lots of fun!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

SarahJ said...

Glad that you're back =)

Katia said...

Congrats on everything that has been going so well for you - sounds busy but amazing!

xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca

Md Solaiman Hossain said...

This is an amazing post you have published with us . A great thanks for shared it guy . Cut Out Photo | Clipping Path | Photo Cut Out

Clipping Solutions said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I really enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks
Raster To vector
clipping path service

IBR Graphics Studio said...

That's a great experience you had. Thank you for sharing parts of your journey with us. I love reading your blogs.
my website-
Clipping Path Service provider company

photo retouching services

Image Background Remove Blog

How to do clipping path service

Ghost mannequin service